Monday, October 25, 2010

God's Sprinkles

Bookmark and Share
There is that phrase that you need to stop and smell the roses, that often times we're so busy that we fail to just bare witness to what is in front of us. Sometimes I wonder if I get so busy sometimes that I'm not listening to God's messages, and every so often he'll make sure that I do.

Yesterday I went to Target with my mom to get Noah much needed diapers. I waited until the last minute and the only one I had left was on his cute bum. We checked out with a sweet girl named Sarah. Her physical limitations were very noticeable. I had assumed cerebral palsy like Noah from birth based upon her speech and movements. I told her about Noah, and she explained to me that she had acquired a brain injury when she was eight years old and thrown from a vehicle in an auto accident causing multiple fractures in her skull. She said she spent 4 months in the hospital and was in a coma for sometime. That she had to learn everything over from eating, to talking to walking. Her left side still is difficult for her to use. But she had such radiance about her. Her smile sparkled. She said that she works three jobs, and often times gets frustrated that she can't get one side of her body to work right. But then she said she says to herself "Sarah, you got a second chance." And it makes it all okay. I don't know if someone taught her to have such a positive outlook or if she herself is driven from within to rise up no matter what her challenges are to be the very best she can be. She was such a joy to be with in those short few minutes. She touched my heart and reminded me there is still time for Noah to learn things. I don't know how old Sarah is now, I'm guessing maybe in her middle twenties, I'm sure it's taken many years of therapy and hard work to get to where she is now. I could have just hugged her. She was so genuine, sweet and lovely in every way. I hope I'll get the chance someday to see her again.

Occasionally God sprinkles people about who leave me important messages. It's been a very stressful time lately for our family, maybe I have been too busy to stop and smell the roses - simply just overwhelmed with many things that feel so out of my control. I needed Sarah's positive message. It was just the fuel I needed to start the week.

"There are no accidents. God's just trying to remain anonymous."
Unknown.

Love,



Creative Commons License
Noah's Miracle by Stacy Warden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.