Sunday, August 22, 2010

Noah in Dreams

Bookmark and Share

The other night I had my very first Noah walking dream. When Noah was about maybe a year old I had a dream of him crawling under an office chair and me trying to fetch him. I thought that dream was spectacular, but my most recent dream surpasses that. Noah was walking. I put him down after a pool session and he walked against a wall, turned down a hallway and ran. It felt so real. I could smell the chlorine from the pool, feel the warmth of the room, hear his feet echoing down the hallway as he ran. His dad turning to me with tears saying "look at him go" and me saying the classic "I've got to call my mom!" It was the most vivid beautiful experience. I'd love more than anything to think it's a premonition of something to come. That he will indeed walk, that the biggest dream is yet to come.

It's a bit ironic that once upon a time I dreamed of silly things like becoming a concert pianist, opening my own holistic pet store, traveling to Italy. And now I just want something simple. I dream only for my child. I no longer have dreams for myself, I don't grieve the loss of those dreams, they were unimportant and trivial, compared to what I dream of now.

I've had others tell me they've had dreams about Noah pulling a red wagon, sitting up and clapping, or even talking. I'd like to believe those are such beautiful signs. I'm hoping that someday I'll get to see these dreams become a reality. They always tell you to becareful what you wish for because you might just get it, I hope that I do. I hope that Noah does. He is the sweetest, most deserving little boy ever. And I hope and pray everyday that good things will come his way.

When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality.
- Dom Helder Camara


Love,