Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Noah Meets Santa

Bookmark and Share
Home for the Holidays


Noah's Christmas Ark




Noah's First Year with Santa

Doesn't know what to do with Santa...




Mom I know he's still sitting right next to us...




Santa and Mrs. Claus


Santa's Fire Truck


Santa came for Noah, on the fire truck, with lights lighting up the evening. I felt a rush of memories flood as I remembered all the times Santa had come for me on the fire truck, waiting with anticipation at the front door drawing my name on the frosted glass, just as I did for Noah tonight.

Mrs. Claus came this time with Santa. Mrs. Claus must have stayed home baking cookies when I was little as Santa always came by himself, but after all these years it was wonderful to meet her. Noah laughed as he seen the fire truck drive up, curious about the lights and all the action. As Santa approached the front door, Noah looked at his daddy to indicate are you seriously going to let him in? I tried to give Noah the it's okay vibe and gentle voice reassurance, but once Santa stepped foot into the entry way, Noah immediately freaked out, pouted his lips and started to cry with fear.

I had hoped he was going to love Santa, but in all reality I was quite comforted that Noah had a "normal" reaction to Santa. He looked to each of us for safety as he knew he was a stranger in a red suit. Santa and Mrs. Claus were so very patient and sweet with an unsure Noah. I can't say it really got any better, he remained pretty on guard and every time he looked at them, broke out hysterically. I told Santa how special it was that we were blessed he could be with Noah, that we didn't think we'd have the chance to experience this and we did.

To me Santa was the equivalent of me buying Noah those baby gloves two days prior to his birth. I dreamed of such things for my son even before he was born. To have these dreams come to life is the most incredible feeling. There is nothing better and I cherish every moment even more knowing how close we came to not having him or the possibility of any of these dreams coming true.

It was wonderful for Noah's daddy to see Santa and his fire truck. I probably told him a million times at Christmas throughout the years about my sweet childhood and good memories of the holidays and it was so wonderful to be able to see him share this with his son. Santa was always very very good to us, and I know he'll be just as wonderful to Noah too, for he is the best they come.

Santa said they'd make sure Noah was on the list every year, so we didn't have to do the lottery. That meant so much to know that Noah will have Santa again next year. Hopefully he'll be much happier to see him next year, we'll have to watch a lot more Santa DVD's so he understands that Santa is the ultimate friend.

I've attached pictures of Noah's first Santa meeting, they're not the best since he wasn't having much of it, but it will give him something to look back on years from now. There are also pictures of Noah's Christmas Ark.

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace."
Agnes M. Pharo
Love,
Stacy, Chris & Noah